The Year Without A Santa Claus is a stop motion Christmas film created by Rankin/Bass and was released on 10 December 1974.
In 2006, 32 years after the original, a live action remake of the film was released with John Goodman in the lead role.
Mrs. Claus talks about the time Santa had a bad cold and decided to take a vacation from Christmas. Two of his elves, Jingle Bells and Jangle Bells decided to go out with Santa's youngest reindeer Vixen to find children to convince Santa that the Christmas spirit is still important to everybody else. But they have to get past Heat Miser and Snow Miser, first, before they land in Southtown, USA, where it never snows for Christmas. But the Miser Brothers can't agree to let it snow in Southtown. But Mrs. Claus knows their mother, Mother Nature.
- Shirley Booth as Mrs. Claus
- Mickey Rooney as Santa Claus
- Dick Shawn as Snow Miser
- George S. Irving as Heat Miser
- Bob McFadden as Jingle Bells
- Bradley Bolke as Jangle Bells, Police Officer
- Rhoda Mann as Mother Nature, Mrs. Thistlewhite
- Ron Marshall as Mr. Thistlewhite, Mayor of Southtown
- Colin Duffy as Ignatius Thistlewhite
- Christine Winter as the Blue Christmas Girl
- "The Year Without A Santa Claus"
- "I Could Be Santa Claus"
- "I Believe in Santa Claus"
- "Blue Christmas"
- "Here Comes Santa Claus"
- "The Snow Miser Song"
- "The Heat Miser Song"
- "It's Gonna Snow Right Here in Dixie"